WHAT: The Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) and the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC) will present their joint report The prolonged health crisis and its impact on health, the economy, and social development.
The report, the second by the two organizations since the beginning of the pandemic, defines potential scenarios for control and evolution of the pandemic in the short term and details recommended actions to strengthen government capacity to respond to the health needs of populations.
WHEN: Thursday 14 October, at 10 am Washington D.C. and 11 am Chile time
Click here for your corresponding time zone.
• Dr. Carissa F. Etienne, PAHO Director
• Alicia Bárcena, Executive Secretary of ECLAC
The briefing will be broadcast on the ECLAC website:
• PAHO Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PAHOWHO) and Twitter (@opsoms and @pahowho)
• ECLAC Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/eclac/) and Twitter (@eclac_un)
The complete electronic version of the new PAHO-ECLAC joint report, along with a press release, will be available on the PAHO and ECLAC websites, as well as on the website of the COVID-19 Observatory in Latin America and the Caribbean, on Thursday 14 October, as soon as the press conference has ended.
• ECLAC Public Information Unit in Santiago, Chile. Email: email@example.com; telephone: (56 2) 2210 2040.
• PAHO Public Affairs in Washington D.C. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone (+1) 202-974-3449.