Available in English
Webinar National Accounts System - Towards the 2025 SNA
1 July 2021|Event
In this framework, the purpose of the webinars is to achieve the following objectives and the related documentation:
- Inform compilers on progress with the SNA and BPM update programme.
- Introduce conceptual / compilation topics to encourage informed participation in global consultation on Guidance Notes (GN)
- Collect and verify information from the baseline evaluation (on the statistical capacity of the countries to implement the new recommendations)
- Obtain opinions on user demand for the new recommendations.
- Explore potential volunteers for early implementation of the new recommendations.
- Gather information on the countries' implementation plans.
1 Jul 2021
Welcome remarks15:00 to 15:15
▪ Representative of the United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD)
▪ Representative of the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC)
▪ Representative of CARICOM
1. 2008 SNA update overview15:15 to 15:30
- • Procedures - Endorsement• Timeline
2. Task teams and guidance notes15:30 to 15:50
- • Research topics• Status - GNs• Global consultation
3. Assessment and experimental estimates / Early Implementation15:50 to 16:05
- • Initiative• Current implementation status• Outreach
» Round the table: questions / comments16:05 to 16:35
B r e a k16:35 to 16:45
4. Experience of the participation in the Expert Group on National Accounts (AEG): Country experiences16:45 to 17:45
- • Overview of National Accounts Statistics in LAC region• ARGENTINA• COSTA RICA• JAMAICA» Round the table: questions / comments
5. Meeting wrap-up and way forward17:45 to 18:00