Webinar National Accounts System - Towards the 2025 SNA
In this framework, the purpose of the webinars is to achieve the following objectives and the related documentation:
- Inform compilers on progress with the SNA and BPM update programme.
- Introduce conceptual / compilation topics to encourage informed participation in global consultation on Guidance Notes (GN)
- Collect and verify information from the baseline evaluation (on the statistical capacity of the countries to implement the new recommendations)
- Obtain opinions on user demand for the new recommendations.
- Explore potential volunteers for early implementation of the new recommendations.
- Gather information on the countries' implementation plans.
- 15:00 to 15:15Welcome remarks
▪ Representative of the United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD)
▪ Representative of the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC)
▪ Representative of CARICOM
- 15:15 to 15:301. 2008 SNA update overview
- • Procedures - Endorsement• Timeline
- 15:30 to 15:502. Task teams and guidance notes
- • Research topics• Status - GNs• Global consultation
- 15:50 to 16:053. Assessment and experimental estimates / Early Implementation
- • Initiative• Current implementation status• Outreach
- 16:05 to 16:35» Round the table: questions / comments
- 16:35 to 16:45B r e a k
- 16:45 to 17:454. Experience of the participation in the Expert Group on National Accounts (AEG): Country experiences
- • Overview of National Accounts Statistics in LAC region• ARGENTINA• COSTA RICA• JAMAICA» Round the table: questions / comments
- 17:45 to 18:005. Meeting wrap-up and way forward