The Escazú Agreement will be highlighted in the following events organized in the framework of the 26th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change:
Wednesday, 3 November 2021
- 5:30 - 6:45 pm UK time / Empowering for Climate Action: insights and experiences. Organized by AECID, AFD, Expertise France, FIIAPP, GIZ, ECLAC and UNEP.
Thursday, 4 November 2021
- 2:00 - 2:45 pm UK time / Briefing for COP26 delegates on the Aarhus Convention and the Escazú Agreement. Organized by CIEL.
Saturday, 6 November 2021
- 3:45 - 5:15 pm UK time / Protecting ecosystems with a gender and vulnerable communities perspective. Organized by Grupo Biosfera – Think Tank en Investigación de Futuros Sustentables, Centro Bartolomé de Las Casas (CBC Cusco), Estudio Javier Valle Riestra & Munar; Universidad Antonio Nariño – UAN (Bogotá, Colombia), IPCC, Academia de Derecho Ambiental de la UICN, Parlamento Andino, Terre des Hommes Deutschland – tdh A / Oficina Regional para Latinoamérica – ORLA.
- 6:30 - 7:45 pm UK time / Advancing a human rights based approach to climate action for people and planet. Organized by OHCHR with support from ECLAC, IOM, UNECE, UNEP, UNFPA, UNHCR, UNICEF, WHO and WIPO.
Wednesday, 10 November 2021
- 9:00 - 10:15 am UK time / The Escazú Agreement as a key tool to ensure a just response to climate change in Latin America and the Caribbean #EscazúAhora. Organized by The Millennials Movement.