The session of 28 May will begin at 3:00 p.m. and will be held in conference room 3, North Lawn Building (CR3 NLB) of United Nations headquarters.
- Preliminary programme (PDF, 468 Kb.)
The twenty-seventh session of the Committee of the Whole of ECLAC will be held on 28 and 29 May 2013 at the United Nations Headquarters in New York. The Committee of the Whole is the subsidiary body of ECLAC which enables member Governments to meet between sessions of the Commission.
On this occasion the Committe will consider following agenda items:
- Economic and social overview of Latin America and the Caribbean and outlook for 2013.
- Strategic focus of ECLAC and impact on the programme of work 2014-2015.
- Report on the activities of the subsidiary bodies of ECLAC, 2012- 2013.
- Presentation of the document Sustainable Development in Latin America and the Caribbean: Follow-up to the United Nations development agenda beyond 2015 and to Rio+20.
Presiding over the Committee of the Whole will be the Officers elected at the thirty-fourth session of the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC), held in San Salvador from 27 to 31 August 2012. The Presiding Officers elected on that occasion were El Salvador, as Chair, Brazil, Guyana and Peru, as Vice-Chairs, and Chile, as Rapporteur.
- Provisional agenda (PDF, 475 Kb.)
- Report on the Twenty-sixth session of the Committee of the Whole (PDF, 581 Kb.)
- Sustainable Development 20 Years on from the Earth Summit: Progress, gaps and strategic guidelines for Latin America and the Caribbean. Summary (LC/L.3363/Rev.1)
- Middle-income countries: a structural gap approach (LC/G.2532/Rev. 1)
- Foreign Direct Investment in Latin America 2012. Briefing paper
- Structural change for equality: an integrated approach to development. Summary (LC.G.2525(SES.34/4))
- SUMMARY CONCLUSIONS. Caribbean Forum: Shaping a Sustainable Development Agenda to Address the Caribbean Reality in the Twenty-first Century (Bogota, 5-6 March 2013)
- Resolution 670(XXXIV) AD HOC COMMITTEE ON POPULATION AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE ECONOMIC COMMISSION FOR LATIN AMERICA
- Resolution 672(XXXIV) ESTABLISHMENT OF THE CONFERENCE ON SCIENCE, INNOVATION AND INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGIES OF THE ECONOMIC COMMISSION FOR LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN
- Resolution 673(XXXIV) PROGRAMME OF WORK AND PRIORITIES OF THE ECONOMIC COMMISSION FOR LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN 2014-2015
- Draft Programme of Work of the ECLAC system, 2014-2015 (LC/G.2526(SES.34/5))
- Montevideo Declaration (Fourth Ministerial Conference on the Information Society in Latin America and the Caribbean, 3 - 5 April 2013)
- Plan of Action to 2014 for the implementation of the Declaration on the application of Principle 10 of the Rio Declaration on Environment and Development in Latin America and the Caribbean and its road map
- Agreements adopted at the twelfth meeting of the Executive Committee of the Statistical Conference of the Americas (Pucón, Chile, 24 - 26 April 2013)
- Caribbean Forum: Shaping a Sustainable Development Aagenda to address the Caribbean reality in the twenty-first century (LC/L.3629)
- Report of the first meeting of the Presiding Officers of the Committee on South-South Cooperation of Latin America and the Caribbean (LC/L.3573)
- Provisional agenda of the second meeting of the Presiding Officers of the Committee on South-South Cooperation of Latin America and the Caribbean (LC/L.3631(MDSS.2/1)
- Provisional agenda of the first session of the Regional Conference on Population and Development in Latin America and the Caribbean (LC/L.3619(CRP.1/1)
- Report of the thirty-fourth session of the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (LC/G.2565)
- Resolutions adopted by the member States of the Commission at its thirty-fourth session (San Salvador, August 2012)
- Panorama económico y social de América Latina y el Caribe y perspectivas para 2013 (Alicia Bárcena, Executive Secretary of ECLAC, in Spanish)
Orientación estratégica de la CEPAL y su impacto en el programa de trabajo 2014-2015 (Raúl García-Buchaca, Director of ECLAC's Programme Planning and Operations Division, in Spanish)
Informe de actividades de los órganos subsidiarios de la CEPAL, 2012- 2013, y reuniones intergubernamentales (Luis F. Yáñez, Officer-in-charge Secretary of the Commission, in Spanish)
Presentación del documento titulado "Desarrollo sostenible en América Latina y el Caribe: seguimiento de la agenda de las Naciones Unidas para el desarrollo post-2015 y Río+20" (Alicia Bárcena, Executive Secretary of ECLAC, in Spanish)
Caribbean Forum: Shaping a Sustainable Development Agenda to Address the Caribbean Reality in the Twenty-first Century (Diane Quarless, Chief of the ECLAC Subregional Headquarters for the Caribbean)
Intervention of the delegations
- Intervention of Spain (in Spanish)
- Statement by Ms. Shorna-Kay Richards, Deputy Permanent Representative of Jamaica to the United Nations on behalf of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM)
- Remarks by H.E. Ambassador Paik Ji-ah, Deputy Permanent Representative of Korea to the United Nations