- Opening of the workshop.
- Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs): Building blocks for SDG reporting.
- Formalizing institutional arrangements to mainstream the SDGs and other relevant development platforms in national development processes.
- The SDG data challenge for evidence-based policy planning and implementation.
- Closing of the workshop.
Workshop to accelerate SDG implementation in the Caribbean
The workshop will provide an opportunity for Member States to consider models of institutional arrangement for SDG implementation that would be most appropriate for adoption considering national circumstances. The workshop will also provide a space for peer-learning on Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs) for the HLPF, thereby positioning more Caribbean countries to conduct VNR in the coming years.
The main objective of this workshop is to provide policy makers with practical options for establishing or enhancing their national institutional framework for SDG implementation in order to ensure that the pace of implementation of the SDGs in the Caribbean is accelerated.
The workshop will be participatory in nature. Workshop materials will be distributed to participants ahead of time and Member States are encouraged to provide practical examples of their national arrangements to stimulate peer-learning and to facilitate arriving at workshop outcomes that are practical and which can be adopted by Member States.
The main outcomes of this workshop include:
- Guidelines for establishing a national institutional framework for SDG implementation
- Model institutional framework of SDG implementation for consideration by Member States
A dedicated website is now available for your attendees to book their hotel rooms online. Reservations can be made starting April 9, 2017, at this web address: https://aws.passkey.com/event/49145400/owner/62716/home