- Virtual meeting for Latin American countries (in Spanish): 11 a.m. Santiago (Chile) time.
- Virtual meeting for Caribbean countries (in English): 4:30 p.m. Santiago (Chile) time.
1. Analyse the different economic and social scenarios of the current crisis and its differentiated impacts on women in the short, medium and long terms.
2. Share information on the main initiatives that the governments of the region are carrying forward, with special consideration for the needs of women and gender inequalities in the framework of the current crisis.
3. Analyse the available data on a possible increase in violence against women and femicide/feminicide, and discuss prevention and response measures in relation to COVID-19.
4. Promote regional, subregional and bilateral cooperation initiatives that support a coordinated response to the coronavirus crisis, by incorporating lessons learned from the region and other parts of the world.
Economic and social scenarios of the current crisis, differentiated impacts on women, available data on violence against women and girls, and mapping of government initiatives to address gender dimensions in responses to the pandemic
Main initiatives and implementation challenges, and areas of collaboration among governments in the region to address the crisis