The Escazú Agreement will be highlighted at the following events organized in the framework of the 25th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change:
Monday, 2 December 2019
- 2-3pm. Side event "International Instruments on Public Participation in Environmental Governance and Relevance to the Paris Agreement Implementation and the COP-25" (IFEMA, Meeting Room 15). Organized by CIEL, La Ruta del Clima and the Governments of Costa Rica, France and Uruguay.
Thursday, 5 December 2019
- 4-5pm. "Juventudes de Latinoamérica y el Caribe y el vínculo entre cambio climático y derechos humanos para no dejar a nadie atrás" (IFEMA, Green Zone, Zone 1 Youth). Organized by the Millennials Movement.
Friday, 6 December 2019
- 12:30-2pm. Side event "Public Participation in Climate Decisions/Climate action and the Escazu Agreement" (IFEMA, Room Brussels). Organized by La Ruta del Clima and CIEL.
- 2-3:30pm. Side event "Crisis climática, derechos emergentes y responsabilidades universales: por una guardianía planetaria" (Pabellón Euroclima+). Organized by Biosfera, Valle Riestra & Munar, Centro Sami, Universidad Antonio Nariño, WWF Internacional, IPCC, Government of Peru, Andean Parliament and Terre des Hommes Deutschland.
Sunday 8 December 2019
- Side event "Emergencia climática y protección de los Derechos Humanos en América Latina y el Caribe". Organized by ITUC.
Monday 9 December 2019
- 9:30-10am. Launching of the book "Climate change and human rights: contributions by and for Latin America and the Caribbean" (Pabellón Euroclima+). Organized by ECLAC and OHCHR.
- 6:30-8pm. ONE UN Side event SDG 16 "Realizing the right to participate: empowering people as agents of more effective climate action" (IFEMA, Room 6). Organized by OHCHR, UNICEF, with support from ECLAC, UN Environment, ILO, UN Women and CBD.
Wednesday, 11 December 2019
- 9am-5pm. InforMEA Stand: "Collective contribution by Multilateral Environmental Agreements to climate action" (IFEMA, Booth 22). Organized by InforMEA with support from ECLAC and MEA Secretariats. Launching of online course: "Introductory course on SDG 16 and access rights, the Aarhus Convention and the Escazú Agreement" (UN Environment, ECLAC and UNECE).
Thursday, 12 December 2019
- 9am-5pm. InforMEA Stand: "Collective contribution by Multilateral Environmental Agreements to climate action" (IFEMA, Booth 22). Organized by InforMEA with support from ECLAC and MEA Secretariats. Online course: "Introductory course on SDG 16 and access rights, the Aarhus Convention and the Escazú Agreement" (UN Environment, ECLAC and UNECE).
- 11:30am-1pm. Side event "Advancing Paris Agreement goals through environmental democracy in Latin America and the Caribbean" (IFEMA, Room 1). Organized by ECLAC, WRI, CIVICUS, FIMA, DAR and FARN.