The ECLAC Caribbean Library provides access to print and electronic information through an online catalogue and offers assistance to researchers in the form of bibliographic research and current awareness services.
In developing our collections we focus on acquiring resources relating to the mandate and work of the ECLAC subregional headquarters for the Caribbean. The main areas of concern are economic and social development, including related fields such as sustainable development, disaster assessment, environmental management, climate change, statistics, knowledge management and ICT for Development.
We continuously update our collections with new information and knowledge resources to assist our clients in their research projects and ensure that that they remain current on new developments.
We currently offer the following collections of knowledge resources:
- Monograph collection: books and reference works on subjects related to the work of ECLAC.
- Serial collection: journals, magazines, newspapers, monographic series and statistical series.
- ECLAC collection: publications and documents produced by ECLAC Offices in Santiago, Port of Spain, Mexico and other National Offices.
- Multi-media collection: CD-ROM, DVD and other audio-visual materials.
- Online Resources collection: access to subscription-based and freely online available e-journals, e-databases and e-books.
The Library is accessible to staff members of United Nations entities, researchers and students of academic and research institutions and government and diplomatic officials, by appointment. We also offer news items and tips on how to best make use of the Library, our services and other technologies to satisfy your information needs.