1. Election of officers.
2. Adoption of the agenda and organization of the work of the thirty-fifth session.
3. Report on the activities carried out by the Commission since its thirty-fourth session.
4. Report on the activities of the subsidiary bodies of ECLAC, 2012-2013, and the outcomes of other intergovernmental meetings which report at the session.
5. Draft programme of work of the ECLAC system, 2016-2017.
6. Proposed calendar of conferences of ECLAC for the period 2015-2016.
7. Committee on South-South Cooperation.
8. Challenges of regional integration.
9. Presentation of the document prepared by the secretariat, entitled Covenants for Equality: Towards a Sustainable Future.
10. High-level seminar Covenants for equality: towards a sustainable future.
11. High-level dialogue.
12. Consideration of the request of the Kingdom of the Netherlands for admission of Sint Maarten as an associate member of ECLAC.
13. Other matters.
14. Consideration and adoption of the resolutions of the Commission at its thirty-fifth session.
Thirty-fifth session of the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean
The document which ECLAC presented on the occasion explores further the theme of equality addressed at the two previous sessions of the Commission, in Time for Equality: Closing Gaps, Opening Trails (2010, Brasilia), and Structural Change for Equality: An Integrated Approach to Development (2012, San Salvador).
The document prepared for the thirty-fifth session, entitled Compacts for Equality: Towards a Sustainable Future, discusses the two major challenges to development in Latin America and the Caribbean today: to achieve greater equality and to make development sustainable for future generations.
THE WESTIN LIMA HOTEL & CONVENTION CENTER
The session will be attended by approximately 200 government representatives and 100 representatives of United Nations agencies, non-governmental organizations and special guests.